The Bosch washing machine is a reliable appliance that ensures efficient cleaning of your clothes. However, like any other machine, it may encounter occasional errors that can disrupt its normal operation. One such error is the E17 error code. In this article, we will delve into the causes behind the Bosch washing machine E17 error and provide you with a detailed guide on how to fix it.
What is E17 in Bosch washing machine?
The E17 error code on your Bosch washing machine typically indicates a problem with the water supply. When this error occurs, it means that the machine is not receiving an adequate water supply, resulting in interrupted or incomplete washing cycles. Several factors can contribute to this error, including:
- Water Inlet Valve: A malfunctioning or clogged water inlet valve can restrict the water flow, leading to the E17 error.
- Water Supply Issues: Insufficient water pressure or a disconnected water supply line can prevent the proper flow of water into the machine.
- Kinked or Clogged Hoses: Bent or blocked inlet hoses can impede water flow and trigger the E17 error.
- Filters and Screens: Accumulated debris and sediment in the filters and screens can obstruct water flow, causing the error code.
How do I fix E17 error on my Bosch washing machine?
Follow these step-by-step instructions to troubleshoot and resolve the E17 error on your Bosch washing machine:
- Step 1: Turn off the Machine: Switch off the washing machine and unplug it from the power source to ensure your safety during the troubleshooting process.
- Step 2: Check the Water Supply: Verify that the water supply to the machine is not interrupted. Ensure that the water faucets connected to the machine are turned on and that there is sufficient water pressure. Additionally, make sure the water supply hoses are not twisted or kinked.
- Step 3: Inspect the Inlet Hoses: Carefully examine the inlet hoses for any blockages, kinks, or leaks. Straighten any kinks and remove any obstructions that may be impeding the water flow.
- Step 4: Clean Filters and Screens: Locate the water inlet valve at the back of the machine. Disconnect the inlet hoses and check the filters and screens for dirt, debris, or sediment. Clean them thoroughly using a soft brush or by rinsing them under running water.
- Step 5: Examine the Water Inlet Valve: Inspect the water inlet valve for any signs of damage or clogs. If you notice any issues, it may be necessary to replace the valve. Consult the manufacturer’s guide or contact a professional technician for assistance with the replacement process.
- Step 6: Reconnect and Test: Once you have completed the above steps, reconnect the hoses to the water inlet valve and ensure they are securely attached. Plug in the washing machine and turn it on to test if the E17 error has been resolved.
In short, the Bosch washing machine E17 error can be frustrating, but with the proper troubleshooting steps, you can often resolve the issue on your own. By checking the water supply, inspecting the hoses and filters, and ensuring the proper functioning of the water inlet valve, you can successfully fix the E17 error and get your Bosch washing machine back to its optimal performance. If the problem persists, it is recommended to seek assistance from a certified technician or contact the Bosch customer support for further guidance. Do visit techbuying for more!